The new Transportation Bill is out of Conference Committee and approval is expected in both chambers. A Summary of details important to Bike/Ped is shown below. Visit the America Bikes website over the next several day for further elaboration.
· - All Bike/Ped Funding still consolidated as Additional Activities in CMAQ with nothing dedicate specifically to TE or SRTS
· - 60 to 70% has been cut from funding that typically went to Bike/Ped
· - Additionally, States can Opt-Out of 50% of funding eligible for Bike/Ped
· - Current funding continues until Sep 30’th, and then this Bill is the law from Oct 1, 2012 to Sep 30,2014
· - Bike/Ped Coordinators are still required, but SRTS Coordinators are optional
· - The SRTS, TE, and Bike/Ped Clearinghouses are gone.